Ive had a sweet tooth all week and decided to bake a little something for myself and co-workers which turned out to be cookies. I mean you can never go wrong with cookies and plus everyone enjoys them. I have the Duck Dynasty cookbook because I love that show and totally obsessed with all of them. Anyways, I found Miss Kay’s cookie recipe. It’s quite easy to make and you should have majority of the ingredients in your pantry. There’s pecans in the recipe but I didn’t add them in since I’m not a huge pecan person but to each their own.
What you’ll need:
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of coarsley chopped pecans
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz package)
- Heat the oven to 375.
- With electric beater, beat the butter, sugars and egg until creamy.
- Sift together the flour, salt, & baking soda. Add to the butter batter (dough will be stiff). By hand, mix in pecans and chocolate chips. Drop the dough in rounded tablespoons onto ungraded pans, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until light brown. The centers will be soft.
- Cool down and they’re ready to serve! Enjoy 🙂