Good morning!! I know I’ve been bad about posting lately but it has been super busy the past few weeks. I promise I have NOT forgotten about you aka my awesome readers!
Anyways, I recently had a lovely little Halloween shin dig with a few friends & I wanted to share the details with you. Being that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, you really can’t go wrong with it…right?
To start off, I had actually made pumpkin oat bars from one of my favorite bloggers, Jordan Younger’s recipes. It was easy to make and delicious. I’ll post the recipe later in the post 😉
Of course, you can’t go wrong with some decor and party favors to use along with your guests. I found my plates, cups, photo sticks and cookies all from target, my decor is mixed since I’ve had most of it since college so I barely remember where I got it from…oops!
Here are some shots from the evening along with the pumpkin oat bar recipe. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Oat Bars
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of honey/agave
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Optional: 2 t ground flax seed, 1/4 cup flour of choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until a smooth paste has been formed.
- Press into a well greased pan (8×8 would work best but Jordan said she used 5 x 8)
- Bake for 35m or until golden brown
- Top with chocolate chips for presentation like Jordan and you’re done!