Hi and happy FriYAY! Can’t believe the weekend is already here. I’ll make this short and sweet for ya. Recently, I made some pretty good chewy chocolate peppermint cookies from Living Lou’s Blog. You can find the recipe here!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Becel® Sticks (margarine)
- 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup red, green and white candy coated peppermint chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® Sticks with brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by extracts. Add in flour mixture in two additions; beat until just blended. Stir in peppermint chocolates.
- Drop by 2 tbsp portions onto baking sheets, each dough ball should be about 1-½”.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
The only things I did differently were instead of margarine, I used butter since that is what I had and I used pieces of dark chocolate in lieu of peppermint chocolates. I’m not a HUGE peppermint person so that’s why I changed it up a bit. But I was bold and did 2 tsps. of peppermint extract just to see what would happen. It was still quite minty but oh my the cookies were/ARE addicting!
Let me know if you make them and what your thoughts are. They’re easy to make and they were a hit when I brought them to work to share! xx